Here is a mini Enhancement enchant update. I know you guys have been itching for this for awhile. It just took the designers some time to sit down and discuss the issue, and then I had to catch up with the discussion after being out.
1) The extra AP for the Windfury Weapon Glyph is not intentional and I believe has been hotfixed.
2) Our goal is WF / FT on main hand / offhand.
3) Our goal is Enhancement generally favors slow weapons for main hand / offhand.
4) To satisfy 2 & 3, we are normalizing flametongue's damage to weapon speed. If you use a fast weapon now for FT, your damage will come down. If you use a slow weapon, your damage will come up. Please keep that in mind as you continue to gear up preparing for patch 3.1.
5) Our intention with these changes is not to nerf Enhancement damage overall. However, we are concerned that Enhancement PvE damage is quite high (compared to where other classes are in the 3.1 space) so it's possible that we will end up lowering your damage slightly. But the changes outlined above are not intended to do that.
6) Overall, we are really happy with the basic attack rotation of Enhancement. Shamans are pushing the buttons we want them to push and generally doing what we expect. PvP utility is still something we are looking at however.
If your question is will the Windfury Weapon glyph in 3.1 provide an additional chance per swing of triggering the proc by 2%, the answer is yes (subject to continued testing of course). We just thought the difference with and without the glyph was too great at 5%.
We don't believe with these changes we will see a lot of FT / FT setups, but you are welcome to try and convince us otherwise. :)
As far as the dps target for Enhancement in an idealized PvE setting, yes you should be just below the rogues, mages, locks and hunters and even with warriors, DKs, druids, etc. On some fights you will do better than that and on some you will do less. Really talented Enhancement shammies with excellent gear should be topping the meters. Less-talented Enhancement players will do a whole lot worse. This is still a whole lot higher than the target we had for you in BC.
Well I hope they have a few more weapons for us to use then. A couple of Axes would not be unwelcome.
At least I dont need to take a Torch of Holy Fire.