Friday, January 9, 2009

Latest patch notes

Shaman (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Elemental

Storm, Earth and Fire now Reduces the cooldown of your Chain Lightning spell by 0.75/1.5/2.5 sec (Up from 0.5/1.5/1.5 sec), your Earth Shock and Wind Shock range is increased by 5 yards and the periodic damage done by your Flame Shock is increased by 60%.

Restoration

Healing Grace now reduces the chance your helpful spells and damage over time effects will be dispelled by 10/20/30%. (Old - All spells)

Glyphs

Glyph of Earth Shock - Renamed to Glyph of Shocking - Reduces the global cooldown triggered by your shock spells by 0.5 sec. (Old - Reduced the GCD triggered by Earth Shock by 1 second)

I guess they couldn't fix the bugged ES glyph? This glyph is the only change that really effects Enhancement. And it just means that we dont have to keep waiting for it to get fixed.

In other gear news, I'm no longer in need of expertise. I aquired Ruthlessness and Mark of Norgannon last week, then finally got Valourous Earthshatter Shoulderguards this week.
So I'm now 39 expertise over cap. I could not use the trinket but that would leave me 30 short still. The ideal situation would be to get a better ring. Ruthlessness is a suboptimal ring, the Str is only half as effective for shamans as plate classes. But it was still better than what I had especially since no one else wanted it, and I was short on expertise at the time. The other issue is I'm now no longer hit capped. I'm sitting at 331, which is fine as I can eat 40 hit food and be capped.
So Get a ring w/ hit rather that expertise. Well the only rings 36 hit on it are pvp rings or caster rings. What I really would love is for Surge Needle Ring to drop. Its best in slot, and has 32 hit. I'd just need to swap out one gem to get capped. Cmon Maly. Daddy needs a new ring!

No comments: